Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Week 2: Where are the Mountains??

There is no mountains or green grass here... anywhere! Its crazy! And wherever there is green grass its like this weird thick grass. I dont like it! I miss utah grass!! But anyway... life is good:) I love to dance.

Monday:
We had pointe for five hours today.. which equals ouch. I have never broken in a pair of pointe shoes so easily! They are almost dead and i have only worn them for three days! Craziness! Today was long. but i can already see that im improving, and having fun! and thats what's most important! Its really weird coming to something like this and meeting a whole bunch of people at once! You always hear in church how you should stick up for what you believe in and i think i now understand how hard that really is! You want people to like you and want to fit in! But at the same time you have to know when to put your foot down. When you want to hang out with some of the girls but they are watching an R-rated movie, its hard to explain why you dont want to watch it! But they respect me for it and still like me:) so i know im doing the right thing! (so ali.. now i know how you feel!)
P.S today i got a text from someone i didnt know and he asked if i would send him a picture. i thought i was funny and sent him the one below.. but he didnt find it humorous... hahaha! 



aren't "i" cute? 

i also learned how to do this super cool hair do!


Tuesday:
I got a letter from my amazing friend miranda!! It was so cute and nice of her! As soon as i get stamps im going to write her back! theres something about letters that makes them so much more special than a text or email! We had Sally Rojas all day today. She is crazy! But i love her because she pushes me to my limits and i always get a lot out of her classes.. including a sore booty. yum. it is the "best feeling in the world" She is one of my favorites though! She is really funny she always says God bless America! Then we had modern! Which i usually love! but today the lady taught super slow and by 5:30 im so tired i just want to sleep! But it was still fun! Then we went to the candy bar!! It was so delicious! There was so much candy and treats. I bought some mexican chocolate called bueno and some ice cream! 





Wednesday:
This whole week the days were longer! I had classes and then went back to the dorms to play some ping pong and stretch in the lobby with my girls. And amanda and i attempted to learn the lady gaga "Judas" dance. Its pretty great! Then we went and got bubble tea! I got watermelon with these tapioca balls in the bottom it was way weird but really good!!! 



Thursday:
For variations we learned Black Swan... which is the hardest variation ever!
Also this was the day i got three knarly blisters!! They hurt soooooo bad!!!! I was on the verge of tears during the next class! But it was all good:)


Friday:
I started off friday with a dance fitness class which is so much fun! Its quite the workout! We didnt stop moving or doing cardio the whole hour! But it felt great! Pas (partnering) class was so much fun! We did this crazy lift that was so hard! I hit my partner a thousand times i swear! Then after my ballet classes i had a make up class and then the heavenly yamuna body rolling class. In the class we had these little balls that you roll out your muscles on! It felt so good! I was so loose afterwards even though it hurt really bad during! then we stretched in the dorm lobby. we are so weird. haha also My family went to the beach. It definitely made me homesick! especially when kaylee sent me this picture....
what a babe
 
i woke up to this on friday morning. i couldnt believe my eyes!


Weekend
I had ballet class then a pointe class and then i learned a cowboy dance. no joke. this guy calls the class extreme dancing and he is teaching us a hoe down for the intensive showcase. It is so funny. I just cant take it seriously! Then i went and saw transformers with Amanda and Harley while Hannah went on a date with William to 'bad teacher' It was so funny we go to sit down and harley pulls out a 2 liter thing of coke! I guess they dont have a lot in Australia! haha It was a great show and we had a lot of fun!
Then I went to the Galleria mall! It is huge!! They even have an ice rink in it! I went to juicy, wet seal, image, american eagle, nordstroms, and then some fancy shmancy stores that are too expensive for me. like betsey johnson. im so in love with that store! 







the first taco bell she had ever seen!











No comments:

Post a Comment