Monday, July 25, 2011

Week 5: OUCH!!!!

HOLY REHEARSALS!!!

Monday:
i woke up and looked at the schedule and was honestly relived when i saw that i only had an hour of rep class. Then after technique i saw that i had another hour and a half added on. I was so sad! I mean we need more rehearsal time because its not ready to perform but i was so excited to have ONE easy day! But nope!  After the first hour of rep we went into the dance lab and watched the level 8 students choreography! There were some pretty cool dances! My favorite was this dance about a couple and how they went from young love to fighting to being happy and growing old! It was such a cool concept! Then during the second rehearsal my day got even better! I didnt even have to dance that much because she only worked with the different group. So i was sitting there and i look out the window and i see my dance bag and my bag of trail mix (in fact it was the best trail mix i have ever purchased. It was amazing) was gone! someone stole it! like i get if they took some or a hand full but the whole bag? come on! I was not happy! But my day got better! no worries! I went back to the dorms and my friend Clark cheered me up! He just started sending me random things on Facebook for a whole hour! He had all of these random facts and symbols and weird words. It was great! Then my friend Brigit bought me some more trail mix. it wasnt as good as the other kind. but its better then nothing:)

Tuesday:
I was in such a good mood! I had this teacher who used to dance at Ballet West and is best friends with my teacher at home! It was really cool! Then after technique and pointe i had rep. My teacher Miss Sally took 20 minutes trying to get one of the asian girls to understand the correction. She had to use a translator. It made my whole day! I felt okay about how i did but i still need some work on my duet. Its so hard! But im determined to do good! Then on my break i sewed a new pair of pointe shoes. Them being my 7th pair so far. and then I had modern! It was fun! We did combinations across the floor and have an awesome live drummer! Then after i watched some tv and then went to Jamba Juice! We got there when they were about to close and so we got the rest of the food there for free! It was awesome! I love free food! Then we went back to the dorms and hung out in the Laundry room... dont ask me why! And all the kids asked me questions about being mormon.

Wednesday:
:( I strained my groin... and it hurts really bad! even when im just walking! rehearsals still went great and i learned this ridiculous variation called pigtail girl... the girl has these crazy pigtails and flirts with the boy in the corner! it was hilarious but so much fun! Then i had two hours of rep! My groin was killing me but i pushed through it and did well. I went to see the physical therapist and he said he wasnt seeing anyone then.. and told me to go back on thursday. I didnt want to make it worse so i just sat out of character class. Then i had nutrition and we talked about eating disorders. She showed us a bunch of pictures that made me sick. It was nasty! Then i went back to the dorms and iced my groin. kind of a boring night!

Thursday:
I went to see the Physical Therapist and they said i should sit out just for a day and ice it a lot so i dont tear it. I really didnt want to sit out but i knew thats what i would have to do! I thought the day would go by quickly because i wasnt dancing but it was actually the opposite! I was so tired of just watching and the day seemed to drag on! I would much rather be in a 2 and a half hour rehearsal than sit and watch one! then me and another girl were both injured so we sat out of modern and talked about boys! we are such girls! haha! then later that night we made another target run and i bought some chocolate! Then the boys braided my hair some more!
we found joe's look alike! hahah!

they gave me dreads!

Friday:
My groin was so much better! Still sore! But better! I Started off the day with a mat class that hurt really bad! She worked our butts off! i was so tired by the end! but then for the last 15 minutes she let us take a nap:) Then we had pointe with this one teacher who i loved! She was so much fun and i loved all her combinations! then we had a two hour break so we went and ate at this yummy yummy pita bread place right down the street called Niko Niko's! it was so good! but on the way there this strange homeless person stopped us and asked us if he could go watch us and the other ballerinas for free anytime he wanted. and we were like no.... and he kept asking us why and if dancing was hard and we just said that he had to buy tickets to the shows and that dancing was pretty difficult and then we literally ran away. he was so weird! Then we had another two hour rep rehearsal and ended at 4!! It was a short day! yay!  Then when i got back i took a nap and then we meditated at this tile maze by the chapel! It was so funny! The we went to Jamba and got free stuff again! It was a blast! 






Weekend!
After our long hoedown rehearsal and rep we went to the mall again! I didnt buy anything and was super proud of myself! even though i was close a few times i decided i didnt have enough room in my suitcase to bring back anymore stuff! We also went to the pool and got in trouble because we stayed later then we were supposed to and so we all got room restriction:( lame!!!!!! But my groin is completely better! yay!


oh kevin

twinners!

we have a mustache fetish! 

i want one of these real real bad!

boys will be boys!

me and brecke having a conversation while michael took pictures of us! haha

Me brecke and Joe

CANT BELIEVE THERES ONLY ONE MORE WEEK!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment