Everyone told me that Houston was so miserably hot and humid.. but i guess i didn't really listen. IT IS THE HOTTEST PLACE I HAVE EVER BEEN! It is insanely, uncomfortably hot!
So.. if you ever go to houston give me a call and i will tell you how i survived these six weeks. Even though im still not sure if i will! They are working my booty off! I dont think i have ever been more tired and sore in my entire life!
DAY 1: Monday
But i love it! I love the teachers, i love my chaperones, i love my roommate, i love learning something new everyday! I have this teacher and he taught us pointe. which if you are not a dancer, just know that usually men do not teach pointe. but he was amazing! He did the entire class on his big toes and he wasn't even wearing pointe shoes! I also have this other teacher who is crazy! She gets mad when students sneeze in class! She also is very strict! she was like practically abusing this girl to make her turn her legs out more. It scared me... so now i extra turn out:) But she is also funny when she is not mad! She always tells us when things are "less than lovely" or "more than lovely." She's great!
The dorms are really nice too! I am rooming with my friend Brecke! We have already had quite the adventures. We had two little bugs on our ceiling and so we were freaking out! Brecke just hid under her covers so it was up to me. I was throwing shoes at them and trying to kill them (if you know me at all you know my aim is horrid).. well, two hours later. I squashed both of them after they fell down. Then, I found out they were only lady bugs. great huh? Then our toilet wasnt working. The water kept running and it wouldn't flush! So being the "man" of our dorm room, i decided that i would fix it myself. I had to take off the top and stick my hand in there to put the chain back on the little stick that makes it flush. It was nasty! The water was all yellow and gross! Again Brecke sat there and laughed at me. But i fixed it and then washed my hands real good!!
DAY 2: Tuesday
I was very sore and my toenails felt like they were going to fall off. But the first two days are placement days to see if you should move up or down or etc. So i wanted to do good! I was dying from pointe class because italian fouettes are not particularly my favorite and could not wait to get them off! We also worked on our rep piece which is Serenade. If you haven't seen it, look it up! It is the most beautiful ballet ever! Im seriously in love with it! Then after our last class they took some of our measurements and height and then we all ran to the vans out front so we could get back to the dorms and take a nap! Then that night we all went to Swirl, a frozen yogurt place! It was so delicious!!!! I went with my Australian friend Harley!
DAY 3: Wednesday
It rained all day and was actually quite cold! Today was a long day!
9-10:45 Technique class
11-12 Variations (we learned Giselle and im in love)
BREAK! (i sewed my pointe shoes and ate lunch!)
2-4 Repertoire (i did the solo for Serenade)
4-5:15 Character Class (not my favorite)
5:15-6:30 Nutrition Class (i learned a lot but felt really hungry after!)
Then brecke and i talked about boys until late!!
DAY 4: Thursday
We finally had a modern class and i didnt realize how much i really am in love with contemporary! I seriously loved it!!! Then that night we went to the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston and had a scavenger hunt! I went with my new friends Hannah, Amanda, and Brigit! We found this hippie van and it was just wonderful. I really want one now:)
Day 5: Friday
We had partnering class this day and it was seriously the funnest class of my life. We did a ton of lifts and my partner was really good! plus i had a really hard mat class which made my abs hurt really bad afterwards!! Then i went to Hannahs room and we ate lots of junk food and laughed our guts out. yup. i love them all so much!!
WEEKEND!!
Luckily class started for me at 10:45 instead of 9! so i slept in for a really long time and it just felt wonderful!!! I also had an "X-treme" dance class! It was so fun! It was like hip hop jazz type stuff and the guy was so much fun! Then i got home and was really super tired so we took some crazy pictures and then i watched a movie with my Canadian friend, Ellie! Then I just chilled. I was honestly way too tired to do anything!! So i definitely used the weekend to rest up! 

Sunday Nap!! :)







No comments:
Post a Comment