Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Week 3: So many BUGS!

There are so many mosquitos here. I have so many little bites all over! I also have ants in my room! Its so nasty! But i have heard of the texas roaches... im just praying i never see one of those!

Monday:
The Fourth of July! We had the day off and all went to Splashtown! It was so much fun! It was so sunny outside and the rides were amazing! There was one slide that was literally straight down. It was a complete free fall! I stood up after and had a major wedgie. It was hilarious! We were there pretty much all day! It was so much fun! Then that night we went up to the parking garage roof and watched the fireworks. They were really far away. But it was still fun! I was super tired by the end of the day! And a got a tan... yay!!!










Tuesday:
Back to classes. We had Sally Rojas. Which meant a really hard ab work out! We also started learning Copellia Friends for the showcase. I get to do the duet with another girl! I love it! Its so much fun! We also had Jazz AND modern today! It was pretty fun! Then i went to Kroger that night to get some bug spray and some anti-itch cream. Then i skyped Maren and Mary till 11:30! I miss them! They are the greatest friends in the whole world! 

Wednesday:
We learned the Autumn Fairy variation from cinderella! Its hard but i love it! Its so spunky! 
Then for rep we finished Copellia! And then had character. and by that time of day im so tired. It was really hard for me to keep paying attention! But i did it! Then we had nutrition class and learned about protein and then it was back to the dorms. I just kind of sat around because i didnt want to spend any more money! haha food is expensive! that is one thing i have learned!

Thursday:
I realized i have already gone through 4 and 1/2 pair of pointe shoes! During Technique class the nail was coming up and it poked a little hole in my foot. not a good feeling! We also had costume fittings! They are gorgeous! The skirt is all tule and down to my ankles! Its so pretty! Then Amanda made me a twitter account during the break! So if you have a twitter let me know! Then we had modern class! It was pretty fun! Strangely its a lot different from contemporary work! Its much more out there! But in a good way! Then i went back to the dorms and watched harry potter! yay! Me and my roommate brecke are trying to watch all of them before the 7th (pt two) comes out!

Friday:
Its friday friday gotta get down on FRIDAY! I love fridays! Mostly because of pas de deux class! It is just the funnest thing i have ever done! I also had a mat class that left me completely broken. not really! but my abs hurt so bad! Then we had a repetoire rehearsal of serenade and copellia! Sally was in a bad mood but i felt good about my performance! Then i had a shoe class! This lady told us about our pointe shoes and how to make them fit right and how to find the perfect shoe! It was really interesting! Then that night i went to these little shops. I didnt even buy anything because it was all Buy Sell Trade stores and there were some interesting people and things. It was in a total sketch neighborhood with scary boys with lots of tattoos and earrings whistling at you. Im just happy that we had a bunch of people with us. I was seriously scared and just wanted to go home! Then I said goodbye to some girls who are leaving because they are only staying for half of the intensive! It was really sad! It got me to start thinking about how i will be when i leave. I think i will cry! I have made some really close friends!
see. sketchy


me being... me.

good ol houston texas

she is leaving me. :(

riding up and down the elevator... just for fun

he really likes my webbed toes
the shoe room!

Weekend:

I felt really good for my saturday classes! I just felt like i was so on and was doing my best! I did five pirouettes on pointe! I was so happy! Sally gave us this quote "Your crazy if you do things over and over the same way and expect different results." I feel like this doesnt only apply to dance but in life. Its definitely going to be my quote of the year! maybe a couple years:) I also had a social dancing class and we did our cowboy dance for the end show! Its pretty funny! I just mess around the whole time! Then I watched some Harry Potter! Then it was off to NASA and the Kemah Boardwalk! The boardwalk so so pretty and right by the bay! But it was just so hot outside! I couldn't stand it. I was literally sweating more than i have in my entire life! We went and looked around in the little shops and then rode the rolleroaster! It was a wooden one and super wobbly! It was fun but i had a pretty bad headache afterwards! Then we went to NASA! It was really interesting dont get me wrong. We learned about how the astronauts live and what they eat and we even got to see the inside of a shuttle and try on a space helmet!  but we had two and a half hours and by the first hour i was ready to go! 



















No comments:

Post a Comment