Samantha Hyde and I had an amazing experience at EFY in St. George this week! EFY stands for Especially For Youth! We were gone for a week to have the best time of our lives! There was cute boys, good food, spiritual and uplifting classes, fun friends, amazing counselors, service projects, game nights, a pizza night, unwrapping starbursts with our mouths and having the most amazing testimony ever known on this planet!
I grew so much at efy! it was such a good experience! My testimony has grown so much, i met so many fun people, and just grew overall as a person! I also loved going with Sami! i couldn't have asked for a better roommate! She is such an amazing girl and a great example to me. We were crazy. At nights we were so hyper and would sing church songs in every voice possible! I LOVE SAMI!!
Sam and I definitely hit the jack pot. There were so many cute boys and so many fun girls! We were up at dixie and so we had amazing food every day! We also loved our counselors! It was a week where I only used my phone at nights to call my mom, only got on FB once, didnt use the t.v, and left all other "earthly" things behind! It was a good thing! It helped me focus and pay attention to other important things!
My favorite part of EFY was testimony meeting! At first i was nervous! There are a lot of people in that room with you. I kept fighting myself get up now, no in a second, no I'm not gonna do it, okay nows your chance, now or never court! So, I finally got over it and went up! I was proud of myself! And I'm glad I did! I loved hearing everyone's testimonies and feeling the spirit! I bawled the entire time! I also loved the dances! They were super fun! I enjoyed everything! In the mornings we would have 30 minutes of scripture study all to ourselves. I surprised myself and actually really loved it and while i was reading time flew! Brother and Sister Dickson talked to us everyday and had a lesson planned! My favorite was on friends. What you should look for in a friend and when you should let a friend go! It was really interesting! It was something I will never forget! I was really sad to leave!
- a day in my life

oh I love you:) and I love this post!! I really am jealous that I didn't go to E.F.Y. this year:( oh well! haha!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE the pic of all the boys oogling over you! Just a typical day in the life of Courtney. :) XOXO!
ReplyDeletehaha funny brett and rach:) but no!! i love you maren!! next year!! you have to go!
ReplyDeletei like the pic of Koa, thats his name, right? I don't know how you spell it, but oh well!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad that you had fun at EFY. I remember wanting to go to that. That boy in the picture is super cute! I'm sure you had tons of them following you around like lovesick puppies! What can I say, you're an Odom!!!!
ReplyDeleteoh and if that kids name really is "Koa" he belongs in my family!!!!
ReplyDeletehaha yeah thats koa:) he's a keeper!! haha i had tons of fun!!
ReplyDelete