Sunday, March 13, 2011

YAGP

So I know its been forever and i apologize! I am just so busy! But i wanted to document YAGP so here it goes.. the longest post of your life:)

Youth American Grand Prix is a ballet competition in San Francisco. So the first day I got there I had a warm up class with Miss Jan and then we ran through our variations! Then we went to lunch at this cute little seafood place next to the beach. Miss Jan is a health nut so i ordered the exact same thing she did:) And then she gave us a merde gift and we were set!

Then It was competition time. We checked in around 3:00,  laid out blankets to claim our space, and started to get ready! First up was contemporary. I was like 3rd to last and sadly I ended up going after the girl who got first but I felt pretty good about it! Then It was time for classical variations. The only time you had to warm up was with all 150 girls on the stage and it was so crowded that you really couldnt do anything! So around 10:00 I performed Cupid from Don Quixote! Then at 11:00 I did my last dance, Gamzatti. I was so tired!!! And it didnt help that i hadnt eaten since lunch and the fact that my pinky toenail had split open. But I felt pretty confident about the way I performed and It was just all around a great experience!

Isnt this tutu awesome???
We love our Mucklucks

Then the next day I did site seeing with my mom and dad. First we went to Pier 39 and bought sweatshirts and the best crepes in the whole world! I got a turkey pesto one and a dessert one:) heaven. Then we went to see the seals and from there you could see the whole city! On one side was all of the buildings and then the other was the pretty water! I want to live there so so bad! Then we saw the bush man! He is this guys who carries around these bushes and then hides in them and then jumps out and scares people! Its the funniest thing in the whole world! Then we got to ride one of those cute trollies! It was really fun! Then we went to Union Square and the Mall! They had a two floor building just of anthropologie! They have a huge nike outlet, tiffanys, and this cool container place that had all office supplies and different containers! It was awesome! The mall was 8 floors and 4 of them were nordstrom! The weirdest thing to me though was that instead of a food court they had like gourmet food and salad bars and the even had a mini grocery store! It was sweet!
Then it was time for awards! All of us girls got dressed up and were really anxious! I ended up getting into the top 12 and I was very happy! There was so much talent there and I enjoyed this experience so much!
on the pier
the crepe shop
i love him!!!
this is bread! cool huh!
Riding the Trolley

Mall!

Huge anthropologie!!

we pretended we were homeless outside of san francisco ballet! :)

on the bart!

this hott guy sad next to me... (notice his unbuttoned shirt at the bottom. classy.)


And although I loved the competition, the classes were my favorite! Although there are some fierce girls, Ballet West definitely has the best work ethic. We could pick up the combinations so much easier than some of the other girls! There was a group of us in the 12-14 year old class and they came and moved us all up to the senior class! The teachers were amazing and I learned so much!! There was a guy from Houston Ballet so hopefully he will remember me this summer:) After class i went back to the hotel and packed and then we rode the subway to the airport! My flight was then delayed and i didnt get in until 1:00 am. I was so tired the next day! But all in all i had a blast. And im in love with that green tutu. the end. 

at awards:)

1 comment: